OLPC XO laptop enhancements, patches and customizations
Unless noted otherwise, all modifications are based on and tested with the XO Software Release 8.2.0
(build 767) from 14-Oct-2008.
The Quake Terminal is an alternative to the Terminal Activity. It offers multiple tabs and can be toggled on/off via a keyboard shortcut. This makes it ideal for Linux power users to start (non-Activity) applications and work in (multiple) shells.
I've made the following enhancements to the original version v0.06 by 31d1:
- Changed keyboard shortcut for "new tab" to Ctrl-Shift-T.
- Now reading quaketerminalrc instead of terminalrc, to allow configuration different from the Terminal Activity.
- Added vertical scrollbars.
- Tab labels now show PID of the spawned shell instead of simple numbering. Now all tabs are labeled, not just the active one.
- Made terminal palette colors configurable. With black background, the default palette's dark gray is indistinguishable from black.
quake-v0.064.py from 03-Jan-2009: First published version.